Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fabulous Wedding!











On June 19th, I went to the wedding of one of my closest friends, Johanna... I have to say this was the wedding of weddings... no expenses spared... reception was held at the Brooklyn Museum with full on cocktail hour downstairs followed by an elevator ride to the main hall. Amazing!

This was a nerve racking wedding for me to show up to because I knew that the guestlist to this event was just like the venue, high-end. You had Dr. and Dr. Smith's walking all over the place. Lawyers, nurses and here I am... last time I met my friend's family I was nothing but the teenager bummin around moving from friend's home to friend's home in Bushwick!

There was a conversation that commenced at our table where people were talking about their schools and I had said "oh yea you were in the Filipino Club right? I met you during Barrio Fiesta" to which she replied, "what school did you go to?"... I'm always embarassed to hear the question because I feel more embarassed to answer it, "i didn't." It's always a humbling experience when it happens.

Anyway, I thought it was an amazing wedding and one I would remember.

1 comment:

  1. but look at u know rae =) .. i'm always embarrased to hear the question .. so which college did u go too? i reply..college? ummmm, a few of them .. but never graduated...but i am proud to say i graduated from culinary schoool..and look at me now =) ..

    ReplyDelete